Oyo State Government has made clarification on the status of commissions, boards and agencies, saying all except the statutory ones stand dissolved.
The government, in a circular dated 15th of June, 2023 and signed by Honourable Segun Ogunwuyi, Chief of Staff to the State Governor, exempted the board of the Oyo State Independent Electoral Commission and other six from dissolution.
The circular reads: “With reference to the circular letter of 23rd May, 2023 ( Ref.No TIA/4) on the above subject, I write to provide further clarification on the Statutory Commissions exempted from the directive.
“All Ministries, Departments, Agencies, Commissions, Boards and Parastatals are affected by the directive except the following:
1) Oyo State Independent Electoral Commission,
2) Oyo State Judicial Service Commission,
3) Oyo State Civil Service Commission,
4) Local Government Service Commission,
5) House of Assembly Commission,
6) Oyo State Teaching Service Commission and
7) Oyo State Audit Commission.”
The statement enjoined Ministries, Departments and Agencies to ensure strict adherence to the provision of the circular.
OYO NEWS on 23rd of May 2023, reported the dissolution of commissions, boards and parastatals in the state with the exception of statutory ones.