…5 things you should know about Nana @ 50
Billionaire mogul behind Geregu Power PLC Femi Otedola hosted his wife of 28 years, Nana, to a soirée in the leafy neighbourhood of St. John’s Wood, northwest London, the United Kingdom, this beautiful Sunday, August 2, 2020.
Nana Otedola, the shrewd entrepreneur behind Garment Care, clocks 50 today––and she was joined by her husband and children to mark the day quietly. They chose their new home to celebrate their stunning wife and mother.
Only members of her family were at the event–– dictated by social distancing and the new rule of restricting numbers indoors due to the pandemic.
Here are five things you should know about the owner of Garment Care:
- The couple had one of its most memorable dates at the Nigerian Music Awards organized by Performing Musicians Employers Association of Nigeria (PMAN) in early 1992. The event, staged at then Nicon Hilton Hotel, Abuja, attracted the cream of Nigeria’s high society, including the most powerful in the corridors of power.
- The wedding, on September 12, 1992, was staged while Femi Otedola’s father was governor of Lagos. And it was a fabulous event with high-society in attendance.
The couple got a gift of five cars, apart from cash.
- The couple’s daughter, Ifeoluwa, more popularly known as DJ Cuppy, was born barely two months after the wedding, on November 11, 1992. Nana Otedola was heavily pregnant at the wedding which paraded no ‘best man’.
- Garment Care, the dry cleaning business of Nana Otedola, preceded Femi Otedola’s first big business, Zenon Petroleum and Gas which came on stream in May 1999. Garment Care, however, got a kick-off loan of millions from the husband who was then operating Centre Force.
- Nana Otedola, from Kogi State, who speaks her native language, is quiet and unobtrusive.
Femi Otedola, born on November 4, 1962, and Nana have four children–– Tolani, Ifeoluwa, Temi and Fewa.