Spread the love

An aged man, Saula Ajayi, has lost his wife and property worth millions of naira to gas explosion in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital.

Our correspondent gathered that the gas explosion occured on Friday from the apartment of one of the tenants and razed a bungalow in Ijeja, Abeokuta town.

Ajayi, an occupant of the building whose wife died in the incident, said he lost the total sum of N850,000 to the fire outbreak.

He, however, had not been told about the loss of his wife who fainted and was rushed to the hospital as a result of the fire outbreak.

He said, “I just came back from the bank with the sum of N500,000 and I had N350,000 at home before, now everything is gone.

“I had lost all my property which include two refrigerators, television set, all my documents while I was in the Army, clothes and other belongings all got burnt.”Ajayi disclosed that he was unable to take anything from home when the inferno started.He added that the clothes he was putting on was given to him by a neighbour.An eye witness, Kola Abolade, told our correspondent that there was a fire outbreak on Friday at Ijeja, Abeokuta around 2:00 pm while a tenant was cooking with gas.

He added that an elderly woman lost her life on Monday in the hospital as she was unable to come back from coma due to the fire outbreak.

He said, “The whole house was razed down. A particular elderly couple was badly affected.

“They lost about a million naira the Baba just collected from cooperative to the fire and all their belongings.

“In fact, the mama who was earlier in coma died yesterday (Monday, 29th August).”

Attempts to get reaction from the state fire service failed as the director of fire service in the state , Fatai Adefala, had not answered calls made to his phone.When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said he had not been briefed about the incident.

By oyonews

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *