Spread the love

A residential apartment inside the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, was gutted by fire on Tuesday evening.

An official of the Oyo State Fire Service, while confirming the incident on condition of anonymity, said the fire had been put out.

A witness in UCH said there was no loss of life in the incident, adding that only documents were lost to the fire outbreak.

OYO NEWS reports that an electrical surge allegedly caused the fire in UCH.

The witness said that the minimal loss recorded was due to the swift response from the state firefighters to curtail the fire outbreak.

“There were about three firefighting vehicles deployed to the scene, and there was no casualty. The apartment is toward the East Gate going toward ABH in a quadrangle, some documents were lost, but there was no loss of life,” the source said.

By oyonews

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *